Here are five more reasons to consider buying my books:
(1) Continuity.I offer a spoon-fed, step-by-step approach. There is a steady flow of information, rather than the Hit-and-Run School of Thought. No gaps, no loose spots, no quantum leaps.
(2) Clear Page Layout.I’ve tried to design each page to be inviting to the eye, not clogged with information. Paragraphs are short and the margins are contoured so that the eye is swept along from line to line. Thoughts and sentences never spill over onto the next page.
(3) Simple Notation.Instead of relying on Standard Music Notation (the dots, beams and flags), I prefer to emphasize the language of the fretted instrument itself, a combination of Fretboard Diagrams and Tablature (Tab): simple pictures of which strings to hold down at which frets with which fingers.
(4) Friendly Exercises, Examples and Diagrams.This is the heart of the matter. We learn best by doing, so I’ve included straightforward educational activities along with easy-to-read graphics.
(5) Coil Binding.The books lie flat when you place them on a table or music stand---kind of a big deal!
In short, I’m not sure what I could do to make this material any clearer, more comprehensive or more fun to read.